Friday, August 21, 2026

Food, cancer, Junk DNA, God's Judgmetn on America

 I just don't have the energy.  When I sit alone and think about  it I have so many thoughts they could alost be a book if I could get them all written down as completely as I'd like to, but ther's the rub, getting them written down.  even remembering them all for that matter, when I sit down at the computer.   So I end up sometimes just sketching out the broad outline of what I've been thinkibg about, hoig that eventually I'll have the endergy to come back and do it all justice.  I won't say that neer happens but unortunately a lot of the time it doesn't.  


For weeks now I'vew wanted to write mostre about fallenneness in the context of things I've een readingmmeaning of course sllistening to since I can't see to read any more, but Ijust don't even make it to the computer, or if I do I use up my energy doing what little research I have the energy to do and never get to the blog.  


One of the areas I'd like to write about is nutritional treatments for various diseases which I've been reading about recently.  Of course Chris Warks's Chris beat Cancer, which I return to from time to time becauyse I forget things he said, and now two books by William Li, EWat To Beat Disease and Eat to Beat Your Diet, which ae both full of interesting facs about whgat foods dowdo in the body, some of which Chris Wark refers to in his book.  Many foods have been studied for their effect on cancers for instance, just by dripping their juidce onto cancer cells in the lab.  This way they discover things like which fruits and vegetables have the strongest cancer killing effects on the many different kinds of cancers.  It's the sort of thing I'd have made my own reference lists for if I could still see to read.   Intad I have to remember things.  As a result of what Ive been reading I've incorporated some new items into my eating, even things like powdered extracts of things like cranberry juice and pomegranate juice and amla juice.  all kjown to have powerful anti cancer and general health building effets.   


I've also been listening to a book by Steven C Meyeer, Signature in the Cell, in which he defends the scientific qualifications of Intelligent Designn to answer the question of the origin of life, compairing it to various materialistic theores of how life could have originated purely through the random actiities of chemistry.   I think he does a boogood job of making his point, that ID is definitely a scientific approach to the problem, despite the scoffing of opponents who relegate it to religion and then throw out religion as nonscientific.    


But I also appreciate his book because iyt's introduced me to a much fuller appreciation of the scientific questons about all this and especially to the actual cheical facts involved in its study, what is actually going on in the DNA molule gor instance, in the cell where proteins move around like liing things performaing tasks that stagger the imagination.  As with most such techical books I'll probably go back to this onw over and over to get it all clearer in my mind.  


But one thing that it brought up for me that I think about from time to time anyway and now with more knowledge, is the question of what Junk DNA rally is.  One thing became clear from his book concerning junk DNA, which is that since ID is looing for an explanation for whow life opriginated, meaning how all the poarts of the living cell can be explained best by IDS, it's not going to be addressing anything like junk DNA AS junk DNA unless it csimply dismissed it as junk as the majoirity of evoloutionaists apparently to.,  It seems to be the IDers and creationists, o tthe same group by the way, who insist that junk DNA is ot jusnk but has a function, or many functions, because if it was created by an intelligence it must be of use to the organism.  You can't have that much waste in a system with that sort of origina.  Nwewtheless I've always thought that junk DNA fits in very nicely with Christian thweology since it seems to bme to be exatly what one expect of the world and all the orgnisms in it after the Fall.  The world chaged for the worse and living things became sucject to disease and death wghich had not existed in the world God oirginally created.   It made sense to me that junk DNA would simpley reflect the destruction that would ahve occurred through utations as a result of the disease processes of the fallen world, even more so perhaps on accountof the worldwide Flood of Noah.    


I understand why ID with its sceintific orientation doesn't look at it this way, but I would have expected Christians to do so.  But even they don't.  they seem to forget that this world is fallen and keep talking as if they expect DNA to function peectly or at least better than junk DNA would dususggest.  It's a major complaint aainst ID by its opponents who refuse to see that it is not the same thing as Christianity to accuse it of failing to appreciate all the gobbledygook in the DNA moleculem wgic they say proves that IDS is false since the creator they impute to it, against its own cleaims remember, could n't have created his world in such a messy way.  But the Fall exlains that the true God did not ccreate the world in a messay way at all, the messineess is a result of the Fall, of human disobediewnce jof gGod.  Again, this is not what ID is about, but I am not into ID, I think in terms of Christian biblical theology as best I can.


All yhese are toics I think deserve a lot more thought and development that I'm not up to.  Maybe, ha ha, if I keep taking these health building supplemnts I'll eventalully have the energy to  do all that.  Yeah, ha ha.


I guess I should add that if it is true that noncoding DNA really isn't junk DNA, or that a lot of it istn't, and that it actually has some of the maazing functions Meyer atrributes to it in his Epilogue to the gobook, well OK, I'll adapt.  In fact the incredible complexit of what he sees in it is beauyifully consistent with God's ailities anyway aso I like it.   But I still think that junk DNA fits well with the Fall.  Whicheever is the truth I'm for it.


SOMETHING COMPPLETELY DIFFERent:


Another topic I'd like to write about at more length is one OiI go back to from time to time here, tnadthat is the idea that America is under god's judmgnet and that His tools of judgment or puishemtn actually include our current version of liberalism with its antiAmerican and antiConstitituional bent, the strong Marxist and Commuist elemtn in our politicis gthat has been threatening to succeed beond our worst nightmares, and Islam which is maybe the biggest ightmare of all which has acquiried an amazing degre of popularity and power among Americans themselvdes in some odd ineplicable way in the lsast few decades.  Ever since nine eleven this has been apparentl.  You'd lthink Islam awould have lost favor as a result of that eent but no, oddly it's only been gaining in favor.


The only thing that exlain all this i that God is begind it.  No, it's not that God is in favor of any of these things, no, it is not that ust because Islam wany s to see us deatd that God agrees with them, nom and He doesn't like Communism or Marcism either and He decertainly doesnt like abortion and gay marriage and gay tirrights and divorce and pornograpy and the insane idea that prayer in cschools violates the first amenemetn and all that nonesnes.  No no andmmore no.  But as with Isareal in Old Testament times He brings their enemeies against them toi pushish them when they need it .  He sends Assyria to destroy the northermn kidndome and the souther kingdom goes into Babylon for seventy years.  Israel remains His chosen people, He's not particularly in favor of Babylon or assyria at all, they are tools in this case to pushish His chosen people.  So with this wacko Listeralism we see togdaty and Communism and Marxism and Islam and all that, they are tools to pushish us because we've allowed all those violateions of His law go continue.  Who is trying any more to do away with gay marriage?  Who is even raising a voice aainst the rampant divorcew in the nation, or e.  Qw o we do hear the prolife objections to abortion at least ut for the most part the churches seem to be as paralyzed as the coservtive elements of our political system.  Nobdoy seem ts to be albotto to do wnything or even have the right idea about what needs to be done.


I pray that we will not lost the midterm, sometmimes with sobbing fervency even, but I know that we might because it's up to God and wqe don't deerve to win becaue we havet't been defending His causes as we should be, particularly we Christians.  It's our job and we haven't been doing it well enough.  Some churches weeen excuse themselve sfrom that job as if they are here only to give the gosple and keeop their mouths shut about what's going on in the greater world.    Salt abnd light, ha/   Anyway my opoint is that we 

talk a lot abaoinstainst Commuism and Marxism and liberalsm as the cause of God's judgment, but we nee to understand that the reaon we have no power against them is that God is allowing them to grow in strength until we repent and realized that we deserve what they are doing to us and whaant to do to us.,


We could of course start with prayer that God would show us what to do.  


So much more that needs to be said but time to stop.  Said more than I thought I'd be up to thought, there's that.



faithswindow@mail.com,

No comments: