Saturday, July 27, 2024

Glenn Loury

It's none of my business and maybe I shouldhn't say anyting about it at all, but here I go anyway.  I just notices hat when my eye falls on a picture of Glenn Lowry, or is that Loury Loury, oh well, who is talking with John McWhorter on a page I have open, that a sort of visceral feeling of sadness comes over me.  Physical feeling I mean, something I feel in my stomach.  Maybe it's spiritual though.  I often have the feeling of wanting to comfort him somewhow, I like him, I like his comments, but then I'm feeling his this sadness for him.  I can't say I know why but as I was thinking about it oit occurred to me that I think of him as struggling between two parts of himself and think of him as struggling with people in his life whom he loves but doesn't agree with about very important things.  this is true, he says so himself, and says so

 babout himself and McWhorter in this particular recent show I'm watching.  
So althought it's none of my business and I shouldn't talk about a person in such personal terms whom I don't even know I'm going to go ahead and say I think he's fighting his spiritual nature.   He's mentioned that he was once part of a Christian group and considered himself to be born again.  But no longer practices any of that.  He seems to bme to be trying sometimes to entertain opinions he really doesn't share and they are at least somewhat leftist oriented opinions.  that's a feeling I get, I could be terribly wrong, at this and everythinjg else I'm saying.  But anyway.

I then thought that if he really ws born again he still is born again.  You don't lose the new birth, you are a new creature and you can't unborn yourself and undo your very being itself.  If he ws born again he is still born again, and if this is true then he is going to be at aodds with al kinds of things in this world and it will cause him pain to accept them or try to accept them.  For sure even when we are born again ewe still have ths in nature in us, we still have the Old Man in us and we are still prone to falling into fleshly and worldly swins and thoughts.  But it also hurts if the pisirt has the uupper hand in a particular issue.  I think he struggles a lot with the people he disagrees with, not wanting to alienate them and this is possibly because the spirit in him is suffering fom his attempt to deny that part of himself over and over.  I doubht his wife is born again and I know John McWhorter isn't, so he's in company with people who don't share his spiritual nature.  there is a great sadness in denying it if this is so.  I feel it is so.

I could be completely totally horribly wronjg.  But if I'm right the sooner he recognizes his condition and turns back to god the sonner he will find his ral identity and prhaps bring some joy back into his life .  but perhaps joy is not missing from his life and then who knows where this feeling of sadness is coming from     As I said I probably shouldn't have written any of this.  Maybe I'll com back and delete it.

No comments: