Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Rohr's Arrogance

There's so much scary going on in the world these days you'd think I wouldn't rate Richard Rohr so high on that scale but I do.  He's really really scary to me, that rewriting of the entire meaning of Christianity.  And I've been thinking about how arrogant that is, supremely arrogant, and he thinks he's so humblae and he calls traditional Christians arrogant, but that just makes him all the more arrogant it seems to me.  The arrogance it takes to rewrite the entire corpus of Christaint doctrine, even Catholic doctrine whichis bad enough it iteself, but true Christian doctrine.  How arrogant can you get?  And say it so dogmaticallyu that this is the truth, what hethinks is the truth and tradition is all wrong.  How arrogant can you get?  But he calls the rest of us arrogant.    Oh well it may not have been wroth a new post but there it is.

No comments: