Sunday, February 7, 2021

Another Evolutionistic Stomachache

 I keep being frustrated by coments about the importance of evolution in understanding all kinds of things related to biology that I know to be false.  Who am I of course to say this?  I'm not a biologist.  I could say that I absolutely know evolution is false  because I know God's Word is the truth and evolution contgradicts God's word.  In fact I will say that, did say that.  But that's not the level of discussion on which I encounter the problem, which is really on the biological level itself.  

Evolutionary biologists ASSUME the whole kit and kaboodle, just assume it.  They act as if it's settled knowledge and don't see that they are only assuming it.   In fact they assume it so completely they don't seem to feel any need to explain their thinking which leaves it to me to guess what they think they are talking about.  

They think evolutionary knowledge is essential to understanding how vaccines work, or ecological systems.  No it isn't.  They are confusing their theory with observable biological facts that do not require evolution to understand them.  They are most likely talking about mutations and treating mutations as practically synonymous with evolutoin, or at least evidence of evolution when no, they are not evidence of evolution, they are mutations.  

You can talk about mutations without invoking the theory of evolution at all and talk about it probably even more effectively because it's free of unnecessary cognitive detours.   Or they are talking about normal built-in genetic variation which evolutionists usually subsume wrongly under the ToE, by assumption again.   Or maybe they are just talking about commonly observed relationships between different biological systems or creatures and again assuming the theoretical evolutionary relationships, which again is just excess useless baggage.   

I can barely stand to hear people talk about human history or experience or society or culture in evolutionary terms, it is so reductionistic and shallow.   No, human beings cannot be reduced to biology.  No.  

I'd like to be more specific about this but I'll have to come back later for that purpose if I can.  

No comments: