Friday, August 9, 2024

Olympics Woke Craziness

 I hadn't watched the Olympics for decades and wasn't expcting to watch the event in Paris either, especially after hearing about the blasphemous opening ceremonies, the mockeriy of the Last Supper painting by Da Vinci.  But then some of the performances started showing up on my You tube page and that got me into some of it, mostly the women's gynmanastics but also some ice saing and diving and very brief loks at a few others.  Of course gymnastics is still very popular, ever since Nadia Comaneche's Perfect Ten score back in nineteen seventy six, and it's my favorite too.  Today's heroine is Simone Biles and she's certainly impressive, extremely strong and does some awfully difficult moves, a lot more difficult than Comaneche did back wehn.  

She won a ton of medals, motly gold, and I tghought it was ver nice when she and a teammate took silver and bronze and decided to bow down to the Brazilian girl to got the gold.  I just thought it was a nice gesture, very sportsmanlike.  Of course Biles has so many medals such a gesture doesn't cost her anything, as it would if she were still strugglineg for her first or second, but still I thiought it was nice.  

Then Llast night I heard some of Matt Walsh's program on the radio and he has very diferent take on it.  I think he is wrong but I can't know for sure.  Because there is a controversy about the transgeneder stuff at the Olympics he sasw it in that same light, I'm referring to the incident where a biolgoically male transgender female hit a biolgoical woman and it was of course too threateneing because men are stronger than women but these days such simple realities are ignored.  I was watching the Olympics in spite of all that, figuring that most of the atheletes are innocent of what the powers that be are doing to destroy reality.Anway

Anyway, Walsh knew that Jordan Childs, the bronze medal winner on the US team was not originally in line for a medal, but then their coach put in a complaint with th judges because there was a question about how part of her performance had been scored and he thought it should be a higher score.  Everntually the judges agreed and moved Childs up into the thred place to get the bronze medal.  of course that was a great disappointment ot the Rumanian girl who had believed she had that medal up until tht point, a badly timed decision.  But I had no reason to think it was anything but a fair correction of an error they had made in scoring Jordan Childs' perofmrance.  I still have no treason to think otherwise.

Somehow Walsh got the idea that the upgrade in Childs' score was something like affirmative action, that she hadn't earned it.  I don't know how he got that idea.  She is black, as is Biles and so is the Brazilian girl who won the gold, and he thought there was some big deal being made about there being three black girls on the winers' podium.  I had heard it mentioned but I ddint' hear any big deal being wmade of it, and I can't imagine how on earth anyone could think a gynmnast's score would have been upgraded for anything but legitimate


 reasons, that she deserved the upgrade and her erlier scorre was the injustice.    


I can't see what I'm typing and this page soedoesn't look right now but I have to keep going because I have no idea what I would need to do to set it right if it is wrong somehow  Oh well.


Anywya Walsh just has to be wrong about why Jordan's score was changed.  To strange to think it was because ehshe's black.  


And then there was what I thought was a nice gesture as the two American medalists bowed down to the brazilian girl.  Biles said only that it was to recognize her achievement because "they work just as hard as we do."  And I have no reason to think anything other than that.  But Walsh seems to think the gesture had to do with the racial situation somehow.  I guess because the Brazialian girl is also black and if she had been white they wouldn't have made that gesture.  Well, I don't know but my guess is they might well have, I don't see why they wouldn't have if the whole point was just to demonstrate sportsmanship in a hard won battle for the gigols.  


Oh well.  there's weenough of this woke craziness going on without adding to it where it's not warranted.    


But maybe he's right.  I doubtg it, but if h e is I sup[ose I'll eventualy find out.

No comments: