I've been reading Sowell again. The VIsion of the Annited is a book I think everybody should read, every American anyway. It might inoculate some against the stupidities tyhat are taking the country down. H covers every facet of the thinking, or nonthinking, of the left in this book, mosly throygh how the left misuese statistics to buttress what is othig more than a vision or daydream, utterly without fats or vidence to suport it. It souold make everybody with a shred of rationality mad and up in arms to save ys from this miserable assault on everything that matters.
The book is thirty years old but it's just as relevant now as it was then, unfortunately, only of corse all of it is much worse now though the same thining patterns are still the same. It could use an updating just to get the latest insanities on record but otherwise it can be read for our time quite easily.
It ay be in audible form on You tube, I meant to check so if I find out that it's there are I write this I may come back to say so.
Read the last chapter for starters, or just the last line. Never have so ...... Never .... Never beore have so few done so much damage to so many. If that's not an exact quote it's very close, off by only a word or two at most. This recognition needs to become familiar to us with all its evidences as Sowell presents them so that we can make use of them when needed, against an enemy that is so often hard to piin down because of the verbal slight of hand that is part of the problem
Then read the whole last chapter where he summarizes the book with plenty of examples. All the evids we've had foisted upon us as laws and public policies that have done damage to the soecity and to individuals in the millions. Liberalism is not just a political point of view, it's a mental aberration and a threat to civicilization.
faithswindow@mail.com
Later: Yes there is an audio version of The Vision of the Aointed at You tube.
I also want to mention that I did aother post on this book back in April, Thomas Sowell Nails Liberalimsms to the Wall... where Isaid mor about the content of the book than I did in the above.
No comments:
Post a Comment